Friday, February 24, 2006

Here's Lindsey Kildow after a tough slalom run in the combined. She was hurting. We can't know what they're thinking at such moments, and it must be pretty strange to be standing on the ski hill and know the TV camera next to you is a window through which most of your loved ones and friends are watching (as well as millions of the bored, ignorant and callous). Props to Lindsey for toughing it out as much as she could.

Julie Mancuso takes the GOLD in the Women's GS. I sort of hope she didn't put on the tiara 'til after the race, though I have to admit I enjoyed Resi Stiegler's teddy bear ears on the helmet bit. "You're not going to win or lose a slalom race because of ears on your helmet," she says of the perceived aerodynamical disadvantage. "If I start wearing capes, then someone can step in and tell me to knock it off."

I gotta say overall the U.S. team was kind of melodramatic and underachieving.


The folks at Jazz Pour Tous have been getting into some Ornette Coleman and were looking for an album I actually have stashed away in the crates in my basement, so I dug it out and stuck it up on Rapidshare. Here is Ornette's 1968 album New York Is Now, complete with cover art. I still haven't listened to the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home