Saturday, December 17, 2005

KILDOW CHOOSES COW OVER MONEY AFTER WORLD CUP WIN


VAL D'ISERE, France (Reuters) - Lindsey Kildow could have pocketed an extra 1,000 euros ($1,197) from her World Cup downhill victory in Val d'Isere on Saturday but the 21-year-old American decided against it.

Kildow, who won her second downhill of the season in the French resort, was handed 23,000 euros and a cow for her victory.

"Someone wanted to buy (the cow) from me for 1,000 euros," she said. "But I'm keeping her anyway."

Kildow said she had no exact idea of what she do with the gift.

"However, I'm not having a barbecue. I'm not eating my cow," she said. "I thought of sending it to Maria Riesch who knows someone who has a farm but a guy from the FIS said he could take care of the animal."

Elsewhere in the news I picked up a sixpack of Bell's Wheat Eight Ale and I didn't especially like it. It has a strong flavor that I don't especially enjoy. Stick to their Two-Hearted Ale, my favorite beer by far.
I'll add an audio clip to this posting shortly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Brabenec said...

ThScPi - thanks for the kind words. It's good you asked where the parts come from because I realize now I should be more specific about that.

They are usually from the Real Book Vols. I-III or the New Real Book Vols I-III unless otherwise noted. Google "REALBK1.PDF" and you'll see a variety of places to get the fakebooks if you don't have them already.

The big band bass parts are scanned from a friend's music library.

Then there are parts that I have written out for rehearsal by various groups I've played with.

And occasionally there is something like the Jobim tune a Brazillian friend of mine supplied.

If there is some specific tune you're looking for maybe I can help you out.

I think my main purposes in starting the blog were 1) to have a place to post MP3s and PDFs of tunes for bandmates, and 2) to troll for big band bassplayers with whom to compare notes.

Glad to have you along. And thanks for the Kenny Burrell you posted!

Mon Dec 26, 05:39:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home