Sunday, January 15, 2012


The II-V-I Orchestra recently performed Duke Ellington's
Sepia Panorama, with a famous Jimmy Blanton bass part. Here is the video, if only to humbly acknowledge that I crashed and burned in the last 8 bars. We were playing the piece from a "Jazz at Lincoln Center Library" transcription by David Berger. Here are PDFs of the 2 page bass part:

page 1
page 2

and here is a hastily scanned cut up of the "hard parts":

excerpt.

I think the transcription is wrong in the last eight bars. Here is their version of the last eight:



...and here's mine:



The only thing left to do is make PDFs of the part with my edit inserted. I'll do that in the next couple days but right now my kid wants on the computer and I'm gonna go run around Eberwhite Woods in the snow a couple times before my rehearsal tonite.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Come to my blog, I hope everyone will enjoy!

Tue Mar 13, 08:26:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Maddie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about a broken link on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Thanks!

Madison
maddie0147@gmail.com

Thu Sep 13, 08:31:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home