Monday, January 31, 2011

From last weekend:

Mira the snow dog and I went cross country skiing twice this weekend, Sunday in Eberwhite Woods and Saturday at the Fox Science Preserve, formerly known as the Peters Road Gravel Quarry (a onetime local skinny dipping spot).

The parking lot was snowy and I was afraid the Charger would get stuck but a guy in a tractor with a plow I waved to on the way in pulled in behind me and plowed the lot for me! I offered him a few bucks and he waved it off, saying, "I live right down the road. All I ask is you respect the place." Cool or what?

Here for a late observance of Mozart's Birthday January 27 is "Don Giovanni", arranged for wind ensemble by Josef Triebensee, performed by the Athena Ensemble, from MHS 4544. Arrangements like this one were apparently quite popular in Mozart's time and he did some of his own.

2013/02/17 I took down these MP3s because of space constraints.  Send a comment if you'd like me to repost them.

part 1 (40 meg mp3)
part 2 (41 meg mp3)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home