Sunday, October 10, 2010

Big cabbie weekend for the UM-MSU football game. This may be the perfect cab trip:
I dropped off at the stadium and started to do a u-turn to go north on Main and a lady flagged me down. She jumped in the cab and told me to take her to an address on Plymouth Road, but then she said, "Wait, I don't have the keys - never mind!", handed me $5, and jumped out of the cab. I said to myself, "it doesn't get much better, people wave you down, hop in the cab, hand you money and jump back out."

Here is Andre Previn with the Shorty Rogers Orchestra from RCA Victor LPM-1146, "Lullaby of Birdland, 12 DIFFERENT Interpretations by 12 Modern Arrangers Played by 12 Exciting Jazz Groups", playing "Lullaby of Birdland". The personnel is:

Andre Previn - piano
Shorty Rogers - flugelhorn
Bob Cooper - English horn
Bud Shank - flute
Jimmy Guiffre - Baritone saxophone
Milt Bernhart - trombone
Jack Marshall - guitar
Joe Mondragon - bass
Shelly Manne - drums

the question is, who is the alto sax soloist?

1 Comments:

Blogger TigerJames79 said...

I've missed something good here -- sorry bro. I'll try to be a regular and check in day to day. Like your posts!

Tue Dec 27, 07:19:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home