Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lately when I'm driving the cab my lunch of choice is 2 Burger King Spicy Chicken Crisp sandwiches, with no mayo, add lettuce and pickles. $2.12, reasonably filling and tasty, and not very sloppy to eat on the road. Picked by McFat's Blog! as the Best Value Menu Item. The other day down by Monroe I picked up a couple and was headed back up I-275 when I realized there was an extra sandwich in the bag. At first this seemed like a pleasant surprise. But when I started to unwrap the sandwich it was really heavy and sloppy with sauce, and I'm not sure what it was, some kind of chicken I think, but I decided it would be a bad idea to eat it so I got rid of it.


Here is one of today's Kiwanis Sale specials, Mozart's Trio in Eb Major K. 498 for Piano, Clarinet, and Viola, the "KegelStatt Trio", which was supposedly composed during a party at a bowling alley.


And here is Beethoven's Little Trio in Bb, WoO.39, for Piano, Violin, and Cello. Again according to the liner notes, this one-movement trio was dedicated to Maximiliane Brentano. She was the daughter of some close friends, and the notes tell us that once when Beethoven was visiting she "unexpectedly poured a bottle of ice-cold water over his head." Both these are from MHS 963, "Mozart and Beethoven: Clarinet Trios", for which I paid ten cents.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ernesto D.C. said...

Thanks por posting the Mozart clarinet trio, Jerry... Best regards from Brazil...
Ernesto

Sun Aug 29, 03:33:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home