Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The II-V-I Orchestra rhythm section will appear at Cranesbill Books in Chelsea, Michigan on Friday February 16 at 7:30. This is free and open to
the public.

Or if any of you are lucky enough to occasionally schmooze with the Chelsea, Michigan Chamber of Commerce, you're in for a treat next Thursday because Trio Indigo will be providing tasteful background music at their Annual Meeting at the Chelsea Comfort Inn, Thursday February 15 at 5 pm.

Did you notice that up above - the II-V-I Orchestra now was a WEB PAGE!! I've just been getting the basics up there and am anxious for some feedback. We already have a couple of MP3s, our schedule, and contact info. I'm thinking about putting up a separate blog for the Orchestra, if only because it would boost us in the web browsers...

Finally a minor musical goodie, "Nothing to Lose", a melancholy bossa for Claudine Longet from Henry Mancini's soundtrack to the 1968 film, "The Party". I got this off the web but I can't remember where and I may have to repost the whole soundtrack album because I like it almost as much as "The Pink Panther". Here are PDFs of the sheet music to this nice little tune from the "Henry Mancini Songbook", courtesy of the AADL: page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great II-V-I Orchestra web site: Great Big Band sound but a weak vocalist.

Mon Feb 19, 10:07:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home