Monday, September 19, 2005

A good tune I didn't know when it came out in 1976 was the Isley Brother's Harvest for the World. This is a lot better tune than "We are the World" ever was and almost as good as "What's Goin' On". It's a jazzy, soulful peace'n'love kind of thing with nice chords. We performed it at our summer camp talent show this Labor Day weekend and 2 ladies jumped up out of the crowd, started singing and clapping, and got all the little kids up dancing and banging on percussion. It was big fun.



*** The MP3 is my edit... the quiet part of the prelude is shortened by about a minute and the main tune is tacked right onto the prelude. The PDF file is my approximation of the chords and form. I couldn't get it to lie very well on the ukelele.

Sunday September 25, 2005: ii-V-I Orchestra at the Creekside Grille, 6:30 to 9 pm.

WATCH THIS SPACE because my other band, Surry Scheerer and the Dean Solden Quartet, will be appearing in late October at Goodnite Gracie's in Ann Arbor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home