Saturday, August 20, 2005

I'm still looking for a good clip to post by bassist Al McKibbon, who died July 29. He played on a lot of Monk and Dizzy Gillespie records and was an early bebop pioneer.

The Combo Sanfona has 3 upcoming Thursday evening street performances in Chelsea:

August 25, September 1, and September 8, 2005: Combo Sanfona at Sounds&Sights on Thursday Nights" in downtown Chelsea, 6 to 8 pm. *FREE*

Sunday August 29, 2005: ii-V-I Orchestra at the Creekside Grille, 6:30 to 9 pm.


Helen Humes performs "My Heart Belongs to Daddy" with the Count Basie Orchestra in 1939. This is my LP rip from the MCA reissue MCA2-4108, "Leonard Feather Series - Good Morning Blues - Count Basie", which is a compilation of original recordings on Decca.

...and here is Dizzy Gillespie performing "My Heart Belongs to Daddy". I got this off the web somewhere but it is found on this LP, according to the AMG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home