Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I'm finding more good jazz sites, and best of all one of them is here in SE Michigan, over in Pontiac. Jazz with Tiger is a great podcast. I hope to find out more about Tiger but he sounds like he was there back when it was happening. That kind of perspective is so precious to us relative youngsters. I wish I had been hitting the jazz clubs in 1956 instead of being born then. This guy should be on local public radio instead of all that franchised Lincoln Center dreck they're always pushing on NPR.

Also there are some educational materials on this Portland Jazz Jams site.

Here's John McLaughlin's Follow Your Heart from the Joe Farrell CTI LP of the same name, from a vinyl rip I made. This is a really fun one to play along with because of the 11/8 meter. Enjoy! *** EMAIL TO REQUEST THIS FILE ***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home