Wednesday, March 03, 2010


open testimonial email from Jerry to WCBN:

From: jbrabenec@comcast.net
Subject: WCBN: always there when I need something completely different
Date: March 3, 2010 8:49:20 PM GMT-05:00
To: testimonials@wcbn.org

Hi.

I listen to WCBN for great reggae, country and western, blues, and jazz with collector-performer DJs who invest their lives in the music they broadcast.

I listen to WCBN for historic absurdities like broadcasting "It's My Party" to lament the election of Ronald Reagan (it helps to have Czech ancestry to appreciate absurdity). WCBN is a goldmine of absurdity.

I listen to WCBN to hear some students who really care about it yell about a U of M hockey game.

I listen to WCBN to hear local music.

I listen to WCBN to see what it will do that nobody else does.

I listen to WCBN to see what it can become.

There are other more prominent "free" radio stations in the country (think WFMU), but conquering the world is exactly NOT the point. A place to hear what local broadcasters can contribute is the point. Every town should have a WCBN.

- Jerry

Now write yours and send it to testimonials@wcbn.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home